Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mexico XVII - Grutas de Cacahuamilpa



Family Picture outside the cave entrance. Funny, huh?



Caves are always challenging to photograph, a portable tripod would be nice



The girls were not really impressed with the cave, until they saw "diamonds" on the walls.




For some reason I like this weird blurry picture. I should really read my camera manual.



The girls posing.



Scott is still smiling! He has way more energy than me when it comes to touring with the kids. This was not a stroller friendly place - in several areas we had to carry it up several flights of stairs. I would reccomend the baby backpack or a really light-weight umbrella stroller for this day trip.



The girls posing again.



Mom has had it. No more day trips for a while. Notice the vein popping out of my forehead. This picture also shows how pretty foilage is in the moutains surrounding Mexico City.
Julianna on a zipline over a huge canyon. She is such a dare-devil! When I asked the workers how old the child had to be, they told me 18 months old and up... okay... I was hoping you had to at least be twelve.

6 comments:

RayAnne said...

It's so fun reading about all your adventures!

Mommily said...

I lost my camera manual--so I get some really funny pictures too. I can't believe they would let a 18 month old on the zip line--CRAZY!!!

Cathy said...

Hey suz! Great pictures. If you can find a ledge (fence or rock), you can take the picture on a slower shutter speed. You can adjust the shutter speed manually on the camera on the "T" mode. It's tricky w/o a tripod, but by resting the camera on something you get rid of most of the 'camera shake.

also, if you press 'menu' there is usually an option to change the ISO of the camera (higher is better for low-light situations 400 or 800)'

These are good things to know to play with at home, but when I'm out of the house with a throbbing headache I either don't take pictures at all or just take some snapshots and call it good :-)

noelle said...

you've been a blogging fiend. love it. you know what else i love? that first picture. excellent moment to have captured. :)

Becca said...

Sounds like a fun trip - Maybe Paul would love Mexico City - he loves going on outings like this.

So, isn't Timmy 18 months now? why didn't you send him down the zipline?

Heather said...

Hey! good to see some updates! I'm jealous of all the fun adventures that your family is having! Glad to see that you are all doing well.