Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Scott's Big Race - The Arizona Tough Mudder


Scott created a team for Arizona's first Tough Mudder, the were called "Bruised Cattle." His brother Elliott came from California, his good friend Dave came from Colorado and his cousin Mike came from California as well. I also had my friend Angie and her posse here from Utah, so it was a full house with eight extra adults staying here. I love cooking in mass quantities and this was the perfect occasion for cooking.
Here is Scott jumping over tires and cars. He trained a lot for this course - it's over 10 miles of running plus some really intense obstacles.
Scott and his friend Dave carried this large piece of lumbar for over a mile. They look so happy because I just gave them each a chocolate chip cookie.
Scott and the "Bruised Cattle" waiting to climb a twelve foot wall. I felt pretty bad for them all cold and muddy, but they were getting a good high from al lthis. Left to Right, Jason (a Bb co-worker) Cousin Mike Cannell, ward member Brad Haines, Dave Schaff (fellow t-bird), Uncle Elliott, Scott and ward member Darrin Myler.
Cousins bonding time.
My B.F.F. Angie looking good despite the mud.
Action shot of Scott going through the spider web.
Scott almost made it all the way across the monkey bars until he fell into this mystery water. Gross!

Scott and his team at the finish. Talk about tough mudder high! Great job guys! I'm glad I wasn't the one freezing to death that morning. When we got home the kids were really happy to see us. I think they were really worried about their Dad's welfare. My sister Becca asked Alexandra how it went and she said, "My Dad is okay, he was really lucky." I'm sure the whole death wavier thing freaked them out. You gotta be careful about jokes around the kids.

I just had to include the cookies I made for the gang. For more on my cookie problem visit www.sweetsbysuz.blogspot.com

Here is a video of Scott in the Electric shock obstacle. He said it really hurt.

No comments: