Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mexico III



Scott celebrated his birthday with Co-workers from American Express. After they sang to him they smashed his face in his cake. If I knew this were coming, I'd filmed more! We had a pinata which the Security Guards so eagerly set up in the garage.








Alexandra has been really liking her blanket with all this change. She says that she'll stop sucking her thumb next year. :) We were impressed with her pronunciation yesterday, when she told us the name of her friend, Roberto Parra, and rolled her "r's" with out any trouble.


Julianna is still collecting rocks. She is making new friends and saying a few phrases in Spanish. She loves the monkey bars at the park close by and has a lot of energy for walking around town.



Matilda is a super-star here. We take her around in the stroller and she scowls at people. Finally she yelled, "Dad! Why is everyone LOOKING at me?" He answered, "because you are so pretty." She screamed back, "I'm NOT pretty... I'm a LITTLE GIRL!"


Timothy likes riding in the baby backpack. He kept patting Scott's head saying, "DA-Da" He has two little teeth, can sit up, wave and hold his own bottle. I'm not sure if he will ever crawl; someone is always holding him.

Suz is enjoying this vacation from cleaning. Hopefully this week I'll tackle the box of paperwork we brought from the US. I can't wait for Scott to bring the van out here so I can brave the Mexico City traffic.

8 comments:

Karen S said...

Suz-
Can't wait for the boxes to come so you can organize papers. You haven't changed. When you come back, can you come organize for me too?

Emily said...

Suz- That is great your girl are already picking up some Mexican phrases--they are smart like you. Are you able to understand and communicate still in spanish? I couldn't get the video to play. ps--I like the couch you picked out.

RayAnne said...

Happy Birthday, Scott! Looks like you guys are having fun.

Mommymita said...

Did you bring your label maker? you could label everything in spanish.

Becca said...

You need to fix the videos, i couldn't get them to work either.

Your kids look cute and look like they are adjusting well. Has your elevator been fixed, yet?

Austin is not crawling, yet, either if that makes you feel any better.

Mary said...

Kids are smart and will be fluent in Spanish in no time. We'd love to come visit you sometime hermana.

Heather said...

Sounds like lots of fun!! I'm glad you are all adjusting well to the change...We missed you in Az...we went down there last week for a little thawing out!!

Lara said...

My bet is that Matilda picks up Spanish first...we knew this family in Poland and the 4 year old would translate for the whole family. It's weird how easy it is for the youngest ones.

I'm sure there are a lot of hard things but remember, you're living the dream girl!